Reuters pic
The Sonntagszeitung newspaper said the bank had about 2,500-5,000 US clients with undeclared offshore accounts worth about 3 billion Swiss francs (RM27.9 billion), without citing its sources.[more]
However, she has yet to reply to the decision made today by Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim’s administration.
It is understood that Wong will issue a statement later in the afternoon.[more]
NO HOLDS BARRED
Abdullah had cancelled the project in 2006, citing legalities that have to be pursued with Singapore and a high deficit in government spending.
Despite the cancellation, the government had to compensate several contractors linked to the project.[more]
China’s $585 billion government stimulus programme appears to be kicking in, new data suggest, raising the chances that the world’s third-largest economy may be turning a corner.
Chinese demand for raw materials, hard hit in past months, is showing signs of recovery. Crude-oil imports hit a one-year high in March, the government reported Friday. Steel mills in March imported record quantities of their key raw material, iron ore, in anticipation of a pickup in demand in coming months.[more]
He also denied that death threats sent via text messages to a number of BN lawmakers came from the mentri besar.
Earlier today, the end appeared near for Ahmad after ten BN state lawmakers boycotted the state assembly today in a bid to force his resignation.[more]
The Selangor state government has extended an olive branch to the federal government over the prolonged battle for water assets in the Klang Valley by stating that former minister of energy, water and telecommunications Tun Dr Lim Keng Yaik will be a welcome representative in the three-way talks with private concessionaires.
The move appears designed to capitalise on recent reports that Putrajaya is ready to allow Selangor to take the lead in consolidating water assets under a statutory requirement for all assets — such as dams, pipelines and treatment plants — in the Peninsula and Labuan to be owned by the federal government and then leased back to licensees in each state.[ more ]
The Red Shirt protesters support Thaksin, who was ousted in a military coup in 2006
Reuters pic
The Sonntagszeitung newspaper said the bank had about 2,500-5,000 US clients with undeclared offshore accounts worth about 3 billion Swiss francs (RM27.9 billion), without citing its sources.[more]
Some US$10-15 billion (RM36-54 billion) of Islamic sukuk have been shelved since the onset of the financial crisis because the specialised debt instruments became a replica of conventional bonds, a banker said today.
New issuance of sukuk, commonly known as Islamic bonds, completely dried up because Islamic banks were structuring them incorrectly from the start, said Sohail Zubairi, chief executive officer of Dubai Islamic Bank DISB.DU unit Dar al-Sharia, which advises on how to structure Islamic products.
“We lost at least US$10-15 billion since the onset of the crisis, I’m talking about 2008 second half,” Zubairi told the Reuters Islamic Banking and Finance Summit in Dubai.[more]
******************
Unusual occurrences on the day before Najib Razak’s swearing-in as prime minister have raised questions on the royal consent to his appointment. From the time Najib left the palace ground at 12.15 hrs on April 2, after an audience with the King, the nation was kept in darkness for seven hours as to whether the King had given his consent to Najib’s premiership.
It was not until 19.38 hrs that the first newsbreak came from Bernama stating that Chief Secretary to the Government Mohd Sidek Hassan announced that the King had given his consent to Najib’s appointment and that Najib would swear-in at 10.00 hrs the next day – which was the time previously circulated by the government. Was it not most extraordinary that the nation was kept in suspense for so many hours when the ceremony was only hours away? What was the reason for this big delay in announcement? Was there any problem with the royal consent?[more]
The Penang Gerakan is pressuring Pakatan Rakyat over former deputy chief minister I Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin’s replacement apart from asking the Penanti state assemblymen to come clean to his constituents.
The state Gerakan secretary Ong Thean Lye also wants Penang chief minister Lim Guan Eng to name a replacement immediately, saying any delay would cause work to pile up. The post is reserved for a Malay assemblyman from PKR.
Criticising Fairus’s silence which was unfair to his voters, Ong said, “Unfortunately, all the while, he just reported to one person only, that is PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim, and did not explain to his constituents what had happened to him.”[more]
Penang’s Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin and Selangor’s Elizabeth Wong are also members of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim’s Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).
Observers feel that PR will most likely call for by-elections as it has to live up to its image of being a ‘clean and transparent’ government.[more]
|
|
Embattled MIC president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu, whose wish to return to the Cabinet was rejected by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, is playing his final gambit by threatening to withdraw the sole MIC minister.
The Malaysian Insider understands Samy Vellu has little support except from party vice-president S. Sothinathan in this gambit which was sparked after Najib rejected all hints last week to make Samy Vellu a senator and put him back into the Cabinet as works minister.
Samy Vellu complained to his supporters that if Gerakan president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon could be made a senator and minister, he should have been accorded the same privilege.[more]
Assalamualaikum wbt.
Datuk Seri Anwar,
Saya sangat bimbang dengan perlantikan Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein sebagai Menteri Dalam Negeri yang baru kerana saya khuatir keselamatan Datuk Seri bakal tergugat sekali lagi.
Kita sedia maklum dengan tindakan cucu Datuk Onn Jaafar ini yang sentiasa mencari masalah dengan Datuk Seri sebelum ini. Jadi dengan tindakan sepupunya, Datuk Seri Najib dalam rejim Mahathirisme ini adalah antara kaedah untuk menjahanamkan Datuk Seri dan ini sememangnya peluang Hishammuddin untuk mengenakan Datuk Seri dengan jawatan barunya ini.[more]
Menurut Peguambela Pasti, Muhamad Burok, timbul persoalan di sini sama ada mahkamah majistret boleh menghakimi kes berkaitan agama Islam atau tidak adalah wajib dijawab oleh mahkamah yang bersidang dengan panel penuh.[more]
Dato' Ahmad berkata mana-mana di kalangan Adun BN Terengganu yang mengemukakan usul undi tidak percaya terhadapnya akan berdepan dengan tindakan disiplin termasuk dipecat.[more]
|
|
via Credit card / PayPal
Menyatukan semua zuriat Hj Wan Ishak bin Haji Wan Yusof, menanam dan memupuk perasaan kasih mesra, silaturahim serta tolong menolong berdasarkan kepada prinsip persaudaraan Islam